The Lebanese American Community of the Washington Metropolitan Area
In association with
Arab American Associations and Human Rights Activists
Is organizing a
In Protest of the Invasion of Lebanon and
In commemoration of the Qana Massacre …one week after
Date: Sunday August 6th
Time: 8:00– 10:00 pm
Location: We will meet in Farragut Square Park at K Street and Connecticut Ave, NW – across the street from Farragut North Metro Station. Then at sunset, we will walk as a group to the White House with lighted candles where the vigil will end at 10 PM.
The purpose of the Vigil is:
- To demand an immediate cease fire in Lebanon
- To mourn and express outrage at the loss of innocent civilian lives in Lebanon
- To condemn the internal displacement of one third of the population of Lebanon
- To deplore the systematic destruction of the country
What you can do:
- Please come in big numbers, women, men and children
- Spread the word!
- Bring American and Lebanese flags
- Wear black or white
- Bring candles with you (bring drip guards or votives on a plate or tray to catch the wax)
No comments on this post please.